We , in RCNS , strongly believe that “containment” is our best strategy to stop further spread of the virus. This is in accordance with the teaching of Islam ( no one should leave or enter an area of an epidemic ) and current advice from public health services across the world.
We therefor strongly discourage the advice published in certain newspapers , “A patient suspecting they are manifesting symptoms of coronavirus should visit a government designated public or private hospital”. This will allow the spread of the virus further and put our healthcare teams and sick people at risk. We therefore advice the following:
Do not go to a hospital or private clinic if you think you might have coronavirus related illness. Please stay at home and ring either Federal health ministry on 1166 or your local healthcare team for advice.
If your illness is mild , stay at home for 14 days and keep monitoring your fever .
- Do not go to work, school, mosques or public areas
- Do not use public transport or taxis
- Ask friends, family members or delivery services to carry out errands for you
- Try to avoid visitors to your home
- Take panadol or Panadol CF for comfort and symptoms of cold and fever.
- Antibiotics are not required
- Face masks are useful if used properly in clinical settings , they do not have a significant role outside hospitals.
Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds and whenever you:
- get home or into work
- blow your nose, sneeze or cough
- eat or handle food
It’s important to use soap and water.
A doctor or nurse could speak to you over the phone or Skype / WhatsApp and monitor your health safely without direct face-to-face contact. Medications can be prescribed and dispensed over the phone as well.